ACTION ALERT: SHINE DAYLIGHT ON BROOME COUNTY’S FINANCES!
It’s no secret that Broome County is facing tough financial times. And keeping the county’s fund balance a secret is no way to fix its problems.
A proposed “daylight law” from the Broome County Legislature would require the administration to release regular reports on the county’s financial health. This legislation is key to helping county lawmakers make better decisions about how to spend taxpayer dollars.
Here’s What You Need to Know:
- The Broome County Legislature has proposed “daylight legislation” that would require the county’s administration to provide them with quarterly financial reports.
- These reports would include updated information on the county’s fund balance, open capital projects, trust accounts, assets, and personnel.
- This legislation will help county lawmakers make better decisions about how they are spending taxpayer dollars.
Here’s What You Can Do:
Contact your Broome County elected officials TODAY. Tell them to support the proposed “daylight law.” Do it quickly – they vote on the proposal this Thursday, April 19th.
- Call the Broome County Executive’s office at (607) 778-2109 or email at email@example.com.
- Then, contact your Broome County Legislator. Find your legislator at http://www.gobroomecounty.com/legis/legislators